The College of Letters & Science is strong because of the caliber and quality of the faculty, staff and students. Graduate students are key players in all of our efforts: there are more than 4,200 graduate students in L&S who play an important role in research, teaching and public service.
Graduate students in the College of Letters & Science are supported by their academic department. They contribute to the vibrant, interdisciplinary community in L&S by participating in research, teaching courses and volunteering their time and talent through public service.
UW-Madison Resources for Graduate Students
- The Graduate School at UW-Madison
- Graduate Degrees & Areas of Concentration
- Graduate Degree Requirements
- Graduate Student Life: Information about living in Madison, Wisconsin and attending UW-Madison.
- Office of Fellowships and Funding Resources: The office provides assistance to graduate students, staff and faculty on campus funding issues, particularly those related to internal and external fellowships.
- Graduate Student Professional Development: Information provided by the Graduate School for professional development.
- Graduate Student Professional Development Events Calendar: Workshops, presentations and events on campus for graduate students.
- Graduate Student School Forms: For course change requests, credit overload requests, withdrawal and more.