- More than 800 Faculty
- Total students: 19,131 (2015-16)
- 15,015 undergraduates (2015-16)
- 4,116 graduate students (2015-16)
- 623,708 Total Hours (2015-16)
The College of Letters & Science is comprised of more than 34 academic departments, 13 non-academic departments, 73 interdisciplinary research centers and institutes, and five professional schools across three broad divisions: arts and humanities, physical and natural sciences, and the social sciences.
UW Madison's five most popular majors are in L&S.
*Students majoring in Biology may choose which college in which they wish to complete their requirements: the College of Letters & Science or the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences, since the Biology major is offered jointly with CALS. Majoring in Biology through L&S ensures that you also complete liberal arts requirements that will enrich your learning for a lifetime.
Total Degrees Conferred
- 3,444 undergraduate degrees (2013-14)
- 1,168 graduate and professional degrees (2013-14)
- 4,612 total degrees (2013-14)
More than 200,000 alumni and friends
Extramural Research Awards: $129 million (2013-14)
Federal Research Awards: $105.4 million (2013-14)
Total Research Expenditures: $134.6 million (2013-14)
Source: UW-Madison Data Digest